released January 14, 2011
Vocals: Chelsea and Natalie Kendrick
Lyrics: Mike McLeod, Chelsea and Natalie Kendrick
Guitars, Bass, Banjo, Keys: Mike McLeod
Violin: Leah Calvert
Cello: Matt Jarrard
Sax: Marcus Henderson
Drums: Sean O’Rourke
Mixing: Mike McLeod, John Kurzweg
Mastering: Rodney Mills, John Kurzweg
ABOUT MIKE MCLEOD
Mike McLeod is a songwriter and producer, and plays guitar in the Uncle Mike Band. "Mike McLeod Solo" is his latest venture into a one-of-a-kind solo looping performance.
Mike's songs were written with vocalists Chelsea and Natalie Kendrick, and feature some of Atlanta's top session players. With over 45,000 plays and downloads, our songs consistently chart in the top 1-3%, and have pretty decent radio and TV airplay. Thanks for listening...
RADIO, TV and VIDEO AIRPLAY
- 94.9 WUBL (The Bull) - "Lyin' Here" (2011)
- FABA Radio (www.blogtalkradio.com
) - Featured guest on hour-long show, 5 songs played (2011)
- 88.5 WMNF - "Dancing With My Mop" by Luke and Mike McLeod (2011)
- Music for Atlanta Youth Lacrosse YouTubes (2011)
- 94.9 WUBL (The Bull) - "Betcha Didn't Know" (2010)
- 100.5 WNNX (Atlanta's RockStation) - "Sweet" (2009)
- Music for US Gaming ArenA TV commercial - "The Game" (2009)
- 92.9 WZGC (Z-93), 94.1 WSTR (Star94), 96.1 WKLS (96 Rock), 99.7 formerly WNNX (99X), 103.3 WVEE (V103), 101.5 WKHX (Kicks Country) - "Go Bravos" (Braves Tribute) (1994)
- John Kurzweg, multi-platinum producer: "beautiful song... great hooks"
- John Drummond, CEO banjo.com: "flows nicely...quite enjoyable"
- Rodney Mills, mastering, producer for 50+ gold and platinum albums: "I like it"
- Sean O'Rourke, Grammy-nominated drummer (SugarLand, Mother's Finest...): "I like what I'm hearing"
SHARED A STAGE WITH...
- Chuck Leavell, The Producers, Iron Butterfly, LaRoux, Francine Reed...
RANKINGS / STATS
- On MTV-sponsored OurStage.com
, in Top 10 for 2 months on Soft Rock channel, and Top 40 of Rock Channel (2011)
- In Top 100 of Country and Rock charts for 2 months on IACmusic.com
- Ranked in top 1% (#46 of 4,168) of Buzz Factor in "Your Next Record With Slash" contest, sponsored by Guitar Center (2010)
- #1 featured slot on FlyinShoes Review, an americana webzine (2010)
- Charted above Jamie Foxx and Soulja Boy (top 2% - #62 of 2,590) on Atlanta Hip-Hop chart on ReverbNation (2009)
- Semi-finalist in IACmusic.com
- 2,000 views in 1 week of "Vote Mary Norwood" video, featuring the song "Vote Mary" (mayoral campaign song) (2009)
- Listeners and fans from all continents on Jango.com